CDpedia 4.5.3: Get iTunes CD info not always working

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
bradandbree
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

CDpedia 4.5.3: Get iTunes CD info not always working

Post by bradandbree »

This is something new from 4.5.1 (where it worked perfectly) to 4.5.3. When I first launch the application, if I have a CD loaded in the player and iTunes open, using the "Get iTunes CD info" script operates as expected. But any subsequent attempt to use the script simply opens a new Edit window with no fields populated, including the track information. Quitting CDPedia and relaunching will allow me to enter one title using the script, then back to nothing. Perhaps there is something in the script itself that needs to be updated?

Thanks in advance for looking into this.
-Brad
bradandbree
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: CDpedia 4.5.3: Get iTunes CD info not always working

Post by bradandbree »

p.s. in case it's relevant, I'm running MacOS 10.5.8 and iTunes 8.2.1 on a G5 PPC, and I have tried reinstalling the plug-in with no effect.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. I tried to repeat the bug using the same version of OS X and iTunes and failed. Is there any message in the console log when you try to import a CD that appears blank? You can view the console log with the program of the same name under the Utilities folder. Also check your data folder for the file ~/Library/Application Support/CDpedia/Plug-ins/iTunesCDInfo.plugin, if the file exist there delete it and relaunch CDpedia so that it will use the shipping version. Worth a try is restarting your computer and iTunes incase it's something AppleScript related.
bradandbree
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by bradandbree »

Good suggestions, Conor. I'll try all of them tonight when I'm at home and report back what I find.

Thanks for the help,
-Brad
bradandbree
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by bradandbree »

Sorry, it's been a while since I've had a chance to investigate this. Restarting the computer doesn't change things, nor does deleting the script from the plug-ins folder. And in fact, I do see an error in Console each time I get a blank edit window:

9/18/09 9:49:37 PM CDpedia[1001] CISourceOutCompositing: sourceOut: nil value for argument #0 (src)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
-Brad
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. Download the beta version and you should no longer get the "CISourceOutCompositing" error.
bradandbree
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by bradandbree »

That seems to have done the trick! Thanks, Conor.

-Brad