BookPedia, add book with no cover photo gets random cover

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
michele654
Contributor
Contributor

BookPedia, add book with no cover photo gets random cover

Post by michele654 »

I recently upgraded to 4.1.2. If I try to add a book that does not have a cover image available, in the Add screen the cover is blank like I expect, but when I click Add, the book apparently gets a random image from the database. I've deleted the book and re-added it three times, with a different cover being associated each time.

This appears to be a bug.

I also can't figure out how to delete the cover image once it is associated with the book, as a workaround. Any suggestions on that?

Thanks!

-Michele
Conor
Top Dog

Re: BookPedia, add book with no cover photo gets random cover

Post by Conor »

It's quite likely you have some orphaned covers from an old import. To verify everything is okay hold down the option and then select the main help menu, you will find a "Verify Database" command. If it reports any errors do let us know; Otherwise, If no errors are reported, hold down option again and select "Remove Orphaned Covers". This command will remove the covers that you are seeing appear for those without covers. These debugging menus hidden under the option key are safe, but please do make a backup of your entire data folder before using them as a precaution. The data folder is located in your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia.

To remove a cover, you will find the command under the advance menu "Remove Cover Art for Selection". You can also ctrl-click on the cover image on the bottom left for a contextual menu or select the image in the edit window and press delete.