DVDpedia 4.5.3 - Starring field retains original text

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
bugula
Contributor
Contributor

DVDpedia 4.5.3 - Starring field retains original text

Post by bugula »

As I'm cleaning up my entries, I've noticed that if I delete the content in the "starring" field and then import new data from IMDb, a seemingly arbitrary string from the original text is appended to the beginning of the new text. Not a big deal, just a little odd. I've not encountered this issue with other fields.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: DVDpedia 4.5.3 - Starring field retains original text

Post by Nora »

Could you give me an example of a title where this happened? I've been trying to repeat the problem here but no luck so far.

Are you using the Edit window to delete the starring field and then do a search via the gear button? Or are you using the the table view to delete the data and then use the Advanced menu option to search IMDb once more? Since there are several ways to do this, the more details you can give us, the better we can try to repeat the problem here and fix it. Thanks!
bugula
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bugula »

Hi,

Sure, it happens with every title I edit actually. If the details for a movie were pulled from Amazon.com or another site and I'm not happy with the content, I tab down through the filled fields in the edit mode, deleting all of the content (leaving the extra info pane alone). Then I use the gear at the bottom and select IMDb, pick the right movie if necessary, and then whatever was originally in the Starring field is still in it - appended to the front of whatever text is brought in from IMDb.

Thanks!
bugula
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bugula »

Aha!

I figured out the issue - the names were still in the "credits" fields so they would repopulate in the starring field once new data was brought in. :)