DVDpedia Export bug?

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Ricki
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDpedia Export bug?

Post by Ricki »

I seem to have found a bug. No matter which template I select to publish my colletion, DVDpedia does not show the letters on Top of the list from A to Z to display the titles for the specific letter in the alphabet. I did select alphabetical sorting by letter in the HTML Menu. Any workaround or ideas? :roll:
BTW I use SL.

Thx
Ricki
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: DVDpedia Export bug?

Post by Alex »

Could you give me an example of which template doesn't show the letters?

I've chosen a couple of them that show them without problems, for example, the Silver template.
Ricki
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Ricki »

Hi Alex,
for instance dfMetalBox. I am just now running a Time Machine system recovery on my Mac and hope/think it will work again. The reason I believe this is that I edited the template and after that it did not work properly. Why all other templates did not owrk as well is not clear to me :shock: . So still 90 minutes TM to go and then I can let you know if it works again :-) and I will not edit any tempaltes anymore :oops:
Thx
Ricki
Ricki
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Ricki »

I restored DVDpedia back into Library from Time Machine and it works again.
Thx
Ricki
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

Ricki, you can edit templates to your heart's content, just make a backup of each first so that you don't run into this problem. I had to learn this lesson the hard way a long time ago with Unix configuration files :D

You can copy the backup template to another folder so that you don't get confused as to which is which in the pedias. But then you can always restore them.

Cheers.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Alex is right, don't be afraid to customize and play with the templates. A little tip though - use the 'Edit' button in the HTML export window in DVDpedia. That'll automatically create a copy of the template for you, append 'My' to the name so you know it's a template you customized, and save it in your DVDpedia data folder in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Templates.

This way you will a) always know which templates are the ones you customized and b) when you download an update for DVDpedia, the templates will not be overwritten.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

As for the original issue, the dfMetalBox was created by a user and he choose not to add the index code. The index code is a one liner that you can add to your customized version of the template:

Code: Select all

<!--IFIndex<div class="index">[Divider: | ]</div>ENDIndex-->
Just remember that when you export it it's going to turn into 26 character, so start with a placeholder to see how it looks while editing the template:

Code: Select all

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
You can change the divider (to a single space) if you would a more compact version.