Bookpedia printing bug?

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
a_designer
Contributor
Contributor

Bookpedia printing bug?

Post by a_designer »

Hello, I am not sure if this is a bug:

When trying to print my Library to PDF using the "Small Covers" template, Bookpedia freezes. i have waited a long time thinking that maybe my library was too big (2150 books), but that doesn't seem to matter. I end up having to force quit Bookpedia.

Also, I guess we can no longer customize the "List" template like before with this latest release? We used to be given the option of selecting colors?

Thx.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Bookpedia printing bug?

Post by Nora »

That does sound like a bug of some sort, so far I haven't been able to repeat the problem here. Could you have a look at your console log, see if there are any messages from Bookpedia? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log.
Also, if you could send us your Database.pediadata file we can take a look at your data directly and hopefully reproduce the problem here. You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/Database.pediadata. Please archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.pediadata.zip' which you can then attach to the email.) You'll find our email on the support page.

We haven't changed the printing feature in quite some time actually. The border color option should still be there for the lists. If you don't see it in yours, could you send us a screenshot of your print window please? You can take a screenshot by pressing Command-Shift-3. Thanks!