*Pedia 4.5.3: Entering dates doesn't match Date Format

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
jenv
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

*Pedia 4.5.3: Entering dates doesn't match Date Format

Post by jenv »

If you set Date Format set to "%b %d %Y" (Month/Day/Year - American standard), *pedia still requires numeric dates be entered as "%d/%b/%Y" (Day/Month/Year). If it's too much work to explicitly match Date Format, at least have a preference that allows the user to enter dates as Month/Day/Year.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: *Pedia 4.5.3: Entering dates doesn't match Date Format

Post by Conor »

We used to match the date order from the set format, but with the new OS X Leopard and above it's no longer possible. The format is determined by OS X from your settings in System Preferences -> International -> Formats.
jenv
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by jenv »

Conor wrote:We used to match the date order from the set format, but with the new OS X Leopard and above it's no longer possible. The format is determined by OS X from your settings in System Preferences -> International -> Formats.
In that case, there's clearly something buggy. I have System Preferences -> International -> Formats set to United States. If I do an Add CD Manually in CDpedia, go to the Release or Original Release fields, and type "1/5/09", then Tab, CDpedia fills in "May 01 2009" rather than the expected "Jan 05 2009".
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you, I'll check it out.