Problems with IMDb info

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
iBoy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Problems with IMDb info

Post by iBoy »

When adding a new DVD, the info downloaded from IMDb are usually blank after the first try (all fields in the info/edit window are empty). But if I search several more times from the edit window, the info appear at last. I maybe have to try four or five times before all info are downloaded. It has been this way a while now, I think since IMDb last changed their layout. I have the newest version of DVDpedia. I guess I'm not the only one experiencing this?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Problems with IMDb info

Post by Conor »

I can't repeat it but I'll try with different settings. Try out the beta just in case.
iBoy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by iBoy »

It was not better in the beta version, unfortunately. Strange that no one else is experiencing this.
jcisaacs3
Inductee
Inductee

Post by jcisaacs3 »

I am having problems with IMDb as well. The Rated field is blank, and the Duration field has a very large number (e.g. 265401664 for Chaos Theory). Works fine with Amazon. This problem started about a week or so ago; I am entering my catalog alphabetically and see where it changed from working to not working.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

When I add Chaos Theory the Rated field is empty and Duration is 87:
That's with 4.5.4 downloaded yesterday. It would help to have specific build numbers for identifying exactly which version is being used.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I fixed both the aspect ratio and the rating, the latest version can be downloaded again for the fix. I will add build numbers in the future, since they would be especially useful in the betas. At the moment I am trying to keep the changes to my build cycle as minimum as possible as I am still figuring out some bugs in Snow Leopard with Automator.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:I fixed both the aspect ratio and the rating, the latest version can be downloaded again for the fix. I will add build numbers in the future, since they would be especially useful in the betas.
Thanks, twice.
At the moment I am trying to keep the changes to my build cycle as minimum as possible as I am still figuring out some bugs in Snow Leopard with Automator.
Couldn't have guessed that from how quickly you've been churning out new builds the last few days. :)