IMDB plugin not fetching duration

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
freesmith
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

IMDB plugin not fetching duration

Post by freesmith »

Whenever i try to make a search with IMDB it fetches duration 0. it would be really nice if this could be repaired since i remember this working in the past!thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Re: IMDB plugin not fetching duration

Post by Conor »

Could you please give me two or three examples of the movies this is not working for as I am unable to repeat it. Please also try the beta that has a newer version of the plug-in.
freesmith
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by freesmith »

ok i see what is going on. i always first try with spanish filmaffinity plugin which does not fetch duration so it really is putting 0. but 0 is a duration so when i then try with imdb to complete details it does not complete this field since it is already filled(incorrectly). thanks so much for the help.i have discovered this sw during this week and although it has some little problems such as this ones i think is a great app!!!!i am really enjoying it so thanks agains and keep improving!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. I'll fix the film affinity for the next version.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Conor wrote:Could you please give me two or three examples of the movies this is not working for as I am unable to repeat it. Please also try the beta that has a newer version of the plug-in.
Conor - on the latest version of DVDPedia, it's not fetching the rating (eg 7.1 (10.908 votes). Tried it on Touching The Void and Crank 2 - both fields left blank. Anyone else getting this?

Regards,

Keith
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

kbarnes70 wrote:
Conor wrote:Could you please give me two or three examples of the movies this is not working for as I am unable to repeat it. Please also try the beta that has a newer version of the plug-in.
Conor - on the latest version of DVDPedia, it's not fetching the rating (eg 7.1 (10.908 votes). Tried it on Touching The Void and Crank 2 - both fields left blank. Anyone else getting this?

Regards,

Keith
Uh oh - it's not fetching genre either (from imdb).
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

kbarnes70 wrote:
kbarnes70 wrote:

Regards,

Keith
Uh oh - it's not fetching genre either (from imdb).
Hi Conor - sorry for the multi-part post - it's late here in England and I'm tired. Just reinstalled 4.5.3 from my backup and can confirm that that version is fetching all expected data from imdb but 4.5.4 is definitely not fetching at least rating and genre. HTH.

Kind regards,

Keith
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

I get the rating and genre for both of those movies but the duration seems to be in trouble. That field is taken care of now so you can download 4.5.4 once more here. If the rating and genre fields continue to come blank after that, please select one of those 'faulty' entries in DVDpedia and choose 'Open IMDb for selection' from the Advanced menu. Then save that IMDb page as a webarchive (Command-S) and send it to us. Thanks!
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Nora wrote:I get the rating and genre for both of those movies but the duration seems to be in trouble. That field is taken care of now so you can download 4.5.4 once more here. If the rating and genre fields continue to come blank after that, please select one of those 'faulty' entries in DVDpedia and choose 'Open IMDb for selection' from the Advanced menu. Then save that IMDb page as a webarchive (Command-S) and send it to us. Thanks!
Hi Nora. Working perfectly now. Oddly, the duration field here seemed to be filled in just fine, but not the genre and rating fields. But they are all being completed to perfection now. Thanks for you help and ultra-fast response, as always.

Kindest regards,

Keith
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Nora wrote:I get the rating and genre for both of those movies but the duration seems to be in trouble. That field is taken care of now so you can download 4.5.4 once more here. If the rating and genre fields continue to come blank after that, please select one of those 'faulty' entries in DVDpedia and choose 'Open IMDb for selection' from the Advanced menu. Then save that IMDb page as a webarchive (Command-S) and send it to us. Thanks!

Hi Nora. There is something strange going on here. I am using the latest DVDpedia (but am also getting the same problem with the previous version). The program no longer seems to be picking up the informatiopn from imdB properly - the latest movie I have added is Star Trek XI and it won't pick up the aspect ratio or the summary. It just captures the first letter (J) of the summary. I had similar problems (with different fields) earlier in the week with other movies I have added lately too. It seems the issue is with imdB rather than DVDpedia as the previous version of DVDpedia, which never gave me a single similar problem, is also affected. I will email you a Cmd-S of the Star Trek page separately as I can't see a way to add an atachment to this post.

Kind regards,

Keith
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

kbarnes70 wrote:The program no longer seems to be picking up the informatiopn from imdB properly - the latest movie I have added is Star Trek XI and it won't pick up the aspect ratio or the summary.
Is that for IMDb 0796366 and how exactly are you adding it to DVDpedia? When I add it by searching for tt0796366 the new entry has a Summary but no Aspect Ratio. And Duration is 127.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I can confirm SJK results, and have fixed both the aspect ratio and the rating, the latest version, still 4.5.4, can be downloaded again for the fix.

@Keith - we got your files and will look at those over the weekend. Just wanted to get the aspect ratio etc. fields fix out first.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:I can confirm SJK results, and have fixed both the aspect ratio and the rating, the latest version, still 4.5.4, can be downloaded again for the fix.
Thanks!
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

sjk wrote:
kbarnes70 wrote:The program no longer seems to be picking up the informatiopn from imdB properly - the latest movie I have added is Star Trek XI and it won't pick up the aspect ratio or the summary.
Is that for IMDb 0796366 and how exactly are you adding it to DVDpedia? When I add it by searching for tt0796366 the new entry has a Summary but no Aspect Ratio. And Duration is 127.
That's the one, but it has happened to others too - not picking up the cast members for example on Crank 2. I am going to restore a Time Machine backup of the database file from a week or so ago and see if that fixes it. If nobody else is having a problem then it seems like a problem at this end - maybe a database corruption? We had a power outage a day or two ago and DVDpedia *might* have been open at the time (although almost certainly no database activity) - who knows? I'll report back here after restoring the backup file.

Thanks for your help.

PS. BTW, I added the file manually using the bar code number and Amazon UK as the source, as I usually do.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

sjk wrote:
Conor wrote:I can confirm SJK results, and have fixed both the aspect ratio and the rating, the latest version, still 4.5.4, can be downloaded again for the fix.
Thanks!
I downloaded the latest version posted by Conor and it is now bringing in the aspect ratio, rating etc. But it's still slightly odd as it seems to take a couple of attempts, on some movies but not others. It gets there in the end, but it was always a 100% reliable first-time hit before. I still suspect something at imdB is causing it. Re my previous post, I have not restored from my Time Machine backup now as this latest version seems to be working OK (albeit only after a couple of tries sometimes).

Thanks Conor, as ever. And thanks to users who offered their advice too - appreciated.

Keith