[DVDpedia] Hanging Issue

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
ozmosis82
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

[DVDpedia] Hanging Issue

Post by ozmosis82 »

Using v4.5.4 of DVDpedia and entering movies in. It seems to "randomly" hang while entering text into seemingly "random" fields. At first I thought it was because I had done a lot of adding to my database, but the last 2 times it's hung only a few seconds after I've opened it and started typing.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: [DVDpedia] Hanging Issue

Post by Nora »

If DVDpedia keeps hanging for you like that, could you send us a sample from Activity Monitor please? While DVDpedia is stuck and unresponsive, run "Activity Monitor" from your Applications/Utilities, select DVDpedia from the process list and under the view menu use "Sample Process" (command-option-s). You'll see a button to save the sample file in order to attach it to an email. Also please check your console log for any errors from DVDpedia, using the program of the same name in your utilities folder. Thanks! (You'll find our email on the support page.)
ozmosis82
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by ozmosis82 »

Sorry for the delay... It's been an interesting week.

I will do that as soon as I notice the issue again. I don't know when that might be since I've finished adding my Blu-ray collection. (Although I suppose I could just arbitrarily edit items in my wish list until it occurs again.)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Glad to hear you haven't experience the bug again. Don't worry too much about trying to reproduce it, our user base is large enough that we can rely on other reports to fix it.