Some items won't sync in Pocketpedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
iBoy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Some items won't sync in Pocketpedia

Post by iBoy »

First of all, I am very satisfied with the new Pocketpedia 2! Especially I love the possibility to search all fields. But some titles in my collection won't sync correctly with my Mac. Two movies miss the album cover, and two miss everything; the title only appear as Not synched. I have tried to sync many times, and restart the application on both on my iPhone and my Mac, but these four movies still won't sync. I can't see any difference between these and all the other movies which sync correctly.
iBoy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Some items won't sync in Pocketpedia

Post by iBoy »

I found a solution myself. I just made a small change in the title fields on each of the four movies in DVDpedia, and opened and saved the album covers in Photoshop. Now when these titles were updated, Pocketpedia synched them correctly! Then I changed the titles back to the original names. :)
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Some items won't sync in Pocketpedia

Post by Nora »

The sync tries to be as optimized as possible so if the original sync went through entirely yet some entries didn't sync for some reason it could happen that the program doesn't pick those up on the second sync because it thinks that nothing has changed. Obviously, you found a way to work around that. :)

For future reference though, you can always force the program to do a 'clean' sync as well by holding down the Option button on your keyboard and then tapping 'Sync' in Pocketpedia2. This will sync over all the data as well as the cover images anew.