IMDB plugin not returning studio information

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
editorialcollective
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

IMDB plugin not returning studio information

Post by editorialcollective »

Recent additions to DVDpedia show that the studio information is no longer being returned from the IMDB plugin. As an example, the movie "Chicago" (http://imdb.com/title/tt0299658) -- perhaps there have been format changes at IMDB?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: IMDB plugin not returning studio information

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report and the details including the sample URL for the movie. You can download the regular version of DVDpedia for the fix.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:You can download the regular version of DVDpedia for the fix.
Sorry for bringing this up again, but it would really help having an easy way to correlate versions mentioned in forum posts (both regular and beta) with what I'm currently running. In this case, is the regular version mentioned here more recent than 4.5.4 with a "Modified: Friday, November 13th, 2009 05:08" date/time shown in Finder's DVDpedia Info window? For awhile the regular version was being updated and I'm not certain that's now stopped for good. I'm always interested in getting any IMDb-related fixes and would rather not to download again unless it's necessary. Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I been thinking of setting up a separate update mechanism for plug-ins so that DVDpedia could stay up to date with plug-ins via their own version number, but have rejected the plan so far as this would take a considerable amount of time and work. I think instead I will be adopting your suggestion and standard conventions for build numbers and make these appear in the about window. I looking into integrating with subversion for the build number via this handy script from Daniel Jalkut. However, this won't be for a while as it has a number of downsides for my current setup that I would need to address first, the mayor one being moving to subversion. Thank you for reminding me of the need for build numbers for betas and plug-in updates.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:Thank you for reminding me of the need for build numbers for betas and plug-in updates.
Thanks for the detailed feedback!
editorialcollective
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by editorialcollective »

It seems to be happening again: missing studio information for "Man Is Not A Bird" (http://imdb.com/title/tt0059063) -- obviously keeping the IMDB plugin current is like trying to hit a moving target...
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. Try out the beta version as I have upgraded the plug-in.