"Pedia Not Found" error/syncing issue with Pocketpedia2...

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Evisto
Inductee
Inductee

"Pedia Not Found" error/syncing issue with Pocketpedia2...

Post by Evisto »

Ok, I am running Gamepedia 4.5.4, and I have the Pocketpedia2 app on my iPhone. When I hit the "Sync" button, I get this message:

"Pedia Not Found

Please launch or restart the Pedia program on your Mac."

Any thoughts? I have already restarted Gamepedia, as well as deleted and reinstalled the Pocketpedia2 app. I even tried to do a "clean sync" with the option key held down on the computer keyboard.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: "Pedia Not Found" error/syncing issue with Pocketpedia2...

Post by Nora »

That error message means that Pocketpedia is unable to find Gamepedia on your network. This could be for a number of reason, like firewalls and other settings of your network. The easiest solution is to "create a network" from under the airport menu and then connect your iPhone to the new network and then run the sync. This way you eliminate all the possible variables that are affecting the connection.
AndreasB

Post by AndreasB »

I've the same problem with DVDpedia - right now I've tried/checked the following:
- Firewall: disabled
- Create a private network: Looks good on the iMac but the iPhone complains about 'no WLAN' - although I had made a connection.

BUT I'm still in the 'testing phase', i.e. I haven't registered DVDpedia yet. Could this be the reason?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andreas
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The demo version will work with the sync, the only restrictions is the 25 item limit. That messages means that Pocketpedia is not able to find the IP address for the pedias via Bonjour; this is normally due to some network setting blocking the Bonjour information from reaching Pocketpedia.
AndreasB

Post by AndreasB »

I've found the reason: The router I'm using - Fritz!Box - has a known issue regarding the Bonjour protocol. I temporarily replaced it with an other model and now I'm able to synchronize the database.

Andreas
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Glad to hear you had the option to try another router and thank you about the tip with Bonjour and the Fritz!Box – anything with an exclamation in the middle of its name can't be good.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:… – anything with an exclamation in the middle of its name can't be good.
:lol:

Reminds me how the '!' at the end of SuperDuper! has always seemed unnecessarily enthusiastic and cutesy, though fortunately the software/support is excellent. Unfortunately Shirt Pocket didn't drop it with the v2 release; hopefully they'll finally do it when v3 eventually comes out.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I was going to mention SuperDuper! but it's the only app that I tolerate the exclamation due to it's brilliance. The reason I modified my exclamation naming theory to include the word "middle". I also have a whole other naming theory based on the habit of substituting the plural termination "s" with the letter "z".
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

I also have a whole other naming theory based on the habit of substituting the plural termination "s" with the letter "z".
"Petz Wild Animals - Tigerz for the DS" - don't even get me started...
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:I was going to mention SuperDuper! but it's the only app that I tolerate the exclamation due to it's brilliance.
Exactly. In the backup utility category Sync!Sync!Sync! trumps it, also qualifying for:
The reason I modified my exclamation naming theory to include the word "middle".
Nora wrote:
Conor wrote:I also have a whole other naming theory based on the habit of substituting the plural termination "s" with the letter "z".
"Petz Wild Animals - Tigerz for the DS" - don't even get me started...
Really. :roll: