Possible bug in Bookpedia?

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
phule92
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Possible bug in Bookpedia?

Post by phule92 »

I've noticed that when I add a book to Bookpedia with Cmd-F and search for particular ISBN using Amazon.com (US), the information downloaded is practically always correct. Except the number of pages listed is always 10 to 20 pages more than in the book.

Is this a bug with Bookpedia or Amazon.com?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Possible bug in Bookpedia?

Post by Nora »

Could you give me a few sample titles (or ISBNs) where this is the case so we can take a look at that issue here? Thanks!
phule92
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by phule92 »

Nora wrote:Could you give me a few sample titles (or ISBNs) where this is the case so we can take a look at that issue here? Thanks!
ISBN Correct No. Pages

1416520600 496
140004006X 465
0743435427 598
9781416555896 590
0060013133 377
0060012331 241

PS. I've also realized that while I get the correct Publisher's name, I am not getting the city name where the book is published.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

For all of those ISBNs I get a different page count as well but it is the one listed on Amazon US so Bookpedia is downloading the information correctly. I was going to suggest that maybe you have other editions of these books which would explain the page differences but that doesn't make sense since the ISBN should change for each edition. Maybe Amazon counts all physical pages in a book, not just those with a page number printed on them?

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't provide information for 'Place Published'.
phule92
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by phule92 »

Nora wrote:For all of those ISBNs I get a different page count as well but it is the one listed on Amazon US so Bookpedia is downloading the information correctly. I was going to suggest that maybe you have other editions of these books which would explain the page differences but that doesn't make sense since the ISBN should change for each edition. Maybe Amazon counts all physical pages in a book, not just those with a page number printed on them?

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't provide information for 'Place Published'.
Thanks for your time. I'll just use Worldcat to verify the page count.