Import from EyeTV

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
hermann20

Import from EyeTV

Post by hermann20 »

Hello

Since a few days or weeks (I'm not sure) the import from EyeTV to DVDPedia doesn't work proper. Before I could with drag and drop a EyeTV File to the DVDPedia Icon in the dock move and the import was successful. All attributes got into DVDPedia, the cover as well.

New, the Import is the same, but only a few attributes go into DVDPedia. The cover place in DVDPedia is no empty.

Does anybody have an idea how i can solve this problem? I think, it's a bug, because a friend tried the same and the result was the same like by me.

Regards
Hermann
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Import from EyeTV

Post by sjk »

About a week ago I briefly noticed missing metadata when importing EyeTV recordings but haven't had time to investigate details. Now that I've merged most EyeTV recordings onto a single drive I'll eventually try importing them more seriously, hopefully relatively soon, and will report any unexpected results.
hermann20

Post by hermann20 »

Yes, please do that, I'm very interested about the results. Thank you.

Regards
Hermann
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Hermann.

Could be that EyeTV changed the format of some of their information. I haven't had problems with the latest version 3.3 (5847). But please send me some sample files that you are having trouble with. To reduce the size of the EyeTV files make copies of the files and use control-click to "Show Package Contents". Inside you can remove the actual movie files and just leave the text files (KB in size) and the cover tiff image. Compress two or three of these files together and email them to our support email and I can run them here and find out if any information is not being imported. Thank you.
hermann20

Post by hermann20 »

Hello Conor

I made with Time Machine a downgrad to DVDPedia 4.5.3. Now it works fine again. So i think, the bug is in version 4.5.4.
I like Time Machine more and more ;-)

Regards
Hermann