IMDB plugin doesn't return userratings

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: IMDB plugin doesn't return userratings

Post by kbarnes70 »

Rudy wrote:The new Beta 5 stops fetching any data from IMDB and Amazon...
It's not as simple as that I'm afraid. The last but one beta fetched the IMDB data with no problems - but I can't get data at all from IMDB now - anything - even if I use the previous *version* of DVDpedia, not just the previous Beta. I suspect it's an issue at IMDB.

I'm glad you confirm the problem though!

Kind regards,

Keith
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Unfortunately we can't confirm the problem here, with the beta the search is working just fine. But we'll keep at it.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Nora wrote:Unfortunately we can't confirm the problem here, with the beta the search is working just fine. But we'll keep at it.
I can't update *any* fields at all using IMDB. Works OK with Amazon etc. Seems to be an issue with IMDB - it doesn;t seem able to process the request. I have gone back to an old version of DVDpedia and an old database file, via Time Machine, and it won't update there either, which sort of confirms the problem isn't in DVDpedia itself, but rather in the the way it is interfacing with IMDB. Have they changed something at their end?

What worries me is that it seems to be working for you, which is going to make it hard to find the cause. If you create a blank entry in your database, using the manual option for adding an entry, and then put just the IMDB reference number into the relevant field, and then try an update, does yours work even then? Does it find the movie and fill out the fields??

Kind regards,

Keith
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Nora wrote:Unfortunately we can't confirm the problem here, with the beta the search is working just fine. But we'll keep at it.
Nora - it's just started working. Latest beta. Nothing touched here since I first posted the problem. Must have been IMDB. Remember I am in the UK, so that may make a difference (do I get taken to the US or the UK IMDB site by DVDpedia? Small differences - mainly in the parental ratings system etc where ours are different to yours).

I'll keep you posted if it stps working again. Phew, I was worried. :)

Kind regards,

Keith
Rudy
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Rudy »

Just a couple of minutes ago the plug-in started working again.
Magic's in the air...
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Ah, magic - I love it! :) Seriously though, if you run across any trouble with the plug-in again, let us know. IMDb has been doing steady updates to their site recently and any one of those can affect the search plug-in.

@ Keith - DVDpedia accesses the US site, regardless of where you are searching from.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Nora wrote:Ah, magic - I love it! :) Seriously though, if you run across any trouble with the plug-in again, let us know. IMDb has been doing steady updates to their site recently and any one of those can affect the search plug-in.

@ Keith - DVDpedia accesses the US site, regardless of where you are searching from.
OK - thanks Nora. And thanks Rudy for confirming the magic :)

Kind regards,

Keith
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

kbarnes70 wrote:I too wish my library was IMDb only
I'm re-inspired to do an IMDB-only DVDpedia database conversion:

Bad News Day