Sync problems with PocketPedia2

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
kfscoll
Contributor
Contributor

Sync problems with PocketPedia2

Post by kfscoll »

I just downloaded the latest version of PocketPedia2 to my iPod and am having serious problems getting the sync function to work correctly.

I'm using both DVDPedia and CDPedia (both versions 4.5.4). When I first install PocketPedia2, I can get the initial sync to one of the programs (doesn't matter which) to complete without issue. However, if then try to sync to the other program, the sync never successfully completes (all of the cover art never makes it to my iPhone) and no amount of restarts of either my computer, my iPhone, or any of the programs fixes the issue. Both "Large Covers" and "Search All Fields" are set to "off" in the iPhone's PocketPedia settings. WiFI connectivity is not an issue.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Sync problems with PocketPedia2

Post by Nora »

Take a look at this thread for a rather unusual trouble shooting tip and also make sure you have Apple Bonjour Update 2010-001 installed on your Mac.
editorialcollective
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Sync problems with PocketPedia2

Post by editorialcollective »

Thought it might be worth noting in this thread that I've added another problem report to the thread mentioned in the previous post, which I'll replicate here:
I'm having the same problem when syncing DVDPedia to Pocketpedia2: each synch seems to behave as if starting from scratch, requesting details and cover images for all entries. My iPhone preferences have the 24-Hour Time set to off. I have kept Pocketpedia on the iPhone while setting up and testing Pocketpedia2, and have BookPedia as well -- not sure either of those two facts help in debugging this...