Custom fields don't update until Prefs quit

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Oolfanska
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Custom fields don't update until Prefs quit

Post by Oolfanska »

Hi,
I've noticed that when I make a change to a custom field name, the change is not reflected in the Fields pref tab until I close and reopen prefs. This is not really a bug, I suppose, but it is a bit awkward since I have to keep flipping back and forth between tabs to see what name I've assigned to what field. Seems like the changes should be saved when I leave the General tab.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Custom fields don't update until Prefs quit

Post by Conor »

The preferences update waits for the window to close as there a number of settings that are checked and updated if necessary including internal files to keep track of the change. Although, I now understand your predicament of using the fields tab to arrange fields without having the updated names. It was something I had not thought about, I'll try to fix it for the next version.
Oolfanska
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Custom fields don't update until Prefs quit

Post by Oolfanska »

Conor wrote:The preferences update waits for the window to close as there a number of settings that are checked and updated if necessary including internal files to keep track of the change. Although, I now understand your predicament of using the fields tab to arrange fields without having the updated names. It was something I had not thought about, I'll try to fix it for the next version.
Not a major deal, since hopefully I won't have to mess around with the custom fields very often.