Template key for format

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
freesmith
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Template key for format

Post by freesmith »

hello i am trying to export a template with my own keys but i can not find any where the key for format. ive looked on the support page where all the keys are but it appears the movieformat and pictureformat. none of them are the ones that i am searching for.of course i have tried with key:format but it doesnt seem to fetch the values correctly.any idea?thanks
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Template key for format

Post by Nora »

DVDpedia doesn't have a field for 'Format', there is only Video Format and Picture Format. Could it be that this is one of your custom fields that you've titled Format? If so, you have to use the corresponding custom field tag (i.e. [key:custom1]) for the field.
marumari
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by marumari »

If you're thinking of DVD or Blu-Ray or whatever, there is [key:media], which the upcoming version of FancyIndex/DVDpedia uses.
marumari
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by marumari »

Otherwise, if you're trying to get widescreen versus pan-n-scan or the like, use key:pictureFormat instead of key:pictureformat. Seems somewhat user-unfriendly to me that the keys are case-sensitive, but that's just how they work. Once you get used to it, you're used to it. :)

As far as I know, all of the keys are Java-style lower camel case.

hereIsAnExample
andHereIsAnother

Is how they're formatted. Norah or Conor can probably correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I've run into any keys that don't follow that convention.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Marumari is correct that it's all lower camel case of the field name in English. Used to be upper camel case (first word also starts with a capital) before 4.0, but Core Data requires attributes to start with a lowercase. The naming convention is used very commonly in programming to make keys easier to read and avoid spaces that some computer technologies have problems handling. By exposing the keys as I use them internally in the template system I can handle the translation in three lines of code. I take whatever is between [key: and ] and look it up directly in Core Data. Although all the keys can be guessed at here is a full list of the possibilities.
freesmith
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by freesmith »

thank you all for your quick responses. it was correct. i was looking for key:media. in spanish the field is called so much different that it was really difficult to guess. thanks!