Gamepedia: Series pull-down

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
marumari
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Gamepedia: Series pull-down

Post by marumari »

In Gamepedia, some of my games are listed as the series "Pokémon". However, when I use the pulldown to add that series to another game, it shows up in the list as "Poke", not "Pokémon".
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Gamepedia: Series pull-down

Post by Conor »

Take a look at your preference under the autofill tab and select "series". Remove "Poke" from the list, as it might be that at some point this was a value for series. You can also rebuild the current possibilities by pressing the "Rebuild" button, this will build the list from all the current values in the database. This is a great way to notice if any are misspelled.
marumari
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by marumari »

Ahh, that (Rebuild) did it. Is there any particular rhyme or reason as to when it adds something to that list and when it doesn't? Does it only add things automatically to the list that it pulls down from Moby Games or Amazon or whatever?

I think it would be a nice feature to disable the pseudo-manual population of the Auto Fill lists, and just have it automatically be populated by whatever the current values are. That is to say, that the values in the pulldown are always what they would be if you had just hit Rebuild.

Thanks! :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

That the values in the pulldown are always what they would be if you had just hit Rebuild

That was the original idea, but it proved a bit slow with very large databases to keep the values synchronized for all the pull down fields at all times. But we will investigate the possibility with the new OS X versions.
marumari
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by marumari »

Interesting. Usually, a SELECT DISTINCT is pretty speedy, especially on an indexed row. You wouldn't really need to keep them synced all the time, I wouldn't think - only when the pulldown was made. Well, thanks for putting the idea into the hat for future versions. :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The autofill existed before Core Data and before we moved to SQL; hence why it's time for another look.