pulling artwork from discogs

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
breese78
Contributor
Contributor

pulling artwork from discogs

Post by breese78 »

I've started using Discogs exclusively with CDpedia since its database has a lot more obscure artists and releases (esp. vinyl) than Amazon and I can easily create my own entries on the site. Plus I'm still ticked at Amazon over that whole Pocketpedia nonsense.

For some entries I add from Discogs, CDpedia doesn't grab the default cover image for the release, but rather one of the other images in the entry. I'm not sure if it happens for ALL entries that have more than one image in the artwork section, but I'm assuming it's only for some of them, since a lot of entries at Discogs have more than one image. Here is an example:

http://www.discogs.com/Autechre-Anti-EP/release/158

I'm not at my personal computer now, but I'm pretty sure CDPedia downloads the second to last image in this example, when it should download the first since this is the default cover image for the release.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: pulling artwork from discogs

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. I have updated the plug-in to get the "primary" image if there is a set. You can download the beta version for the update or wait for the next release.
breese78
Contributor
Contributor

Re: pulling artwork from discogs

Post by breese78 »

The beta is working great and has fixed this issue. Thanks for the quick fix!