Bookpedia 4.6.1 isight

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
mblodgett1
Inductee
Inductee

Bookpedia 4.6.1 isight

Post by mblodgett1 »

Blessings-
isight for Bookpedia 4.6.1 is still not reading barcodes.
detlefs
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bookpedia 4.6.1 isight

Post by detlefs »

Same applies for DVDpedia and Gamepedia 4.6.1. The iSight view on my desktop looks squeezed together horizontally, and thus the bar code is only half the way wide as it should be.
I was unable to scan one single barcode...

My iMac is from early 2008

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

detlefs wrote:Same applies for DVDpedia and Gamepedia 4.6.1. The iSight view on my desktop looks squeezed together horizontally, and thus the bar code is only half the way wide as it should be.
I was unable to scan one single barcode...

My iMac is from early 2008

That's the exact same problem I am getting - see this post:

http://www.bruji.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4&start=15

But my iSight does work as well as it has ever worked. But I get this elongation too.

Kind regards,

Keith
robnbill
Contributor
Contributor

Post by robnbill »

Let me second the problem. Adding via iSIght used to work fine prior to the upgrade to 4.6.1. No longer able to read the barcode.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Please try out the Bookpedia beta 29 that does not squeeze the image and let us know.
Swarowsky
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Swarowsky »

Hello,

I am considering buying Bookpedia. I really like the software. I have downloaded the software to try it.
I am encountering a problem. The image captured from de isight camera takes up just one quarter (the top right) of the isight capture window. That makes it impossible to get the barcode in the red box to be read.

I have 2 macs. On one it works perfectly, but can't solve this problem on the other. The problem is I need to use the mac that doesn't work to organize my library.

I have looked around in the forum, but haven't read any mention to this specific problem.

I have tried installing the Beta version, but that hasn't solved the problem.

Any ideas?
detlefs
Contributor
Contributor

Post by detlefs »

Conor wrote:Please try out the Bookpedia beta 29 that does not squeeze the image and let us know.
Hi,

the squeeze is indeed gone with this new beta. I have tried a couple of scans and found that the success rate is as low as it was in the older versions (i.e. 4.5) again. In my opinion the success rate is still too low for a practical use. For 5 test books, it took about 30-60 seconds until the code was recognized, and for two of them, a wrong code was interpreted.
Also I recognized, that only large bar code prints have a chance to get recognized. See samples below.
This one is recognized immediately (less than a seconds) and correctly:
Several others like these are not recognized at all, probably because of the size of the printed code:
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

@Swarowsky Could you please take a look at your console log and send me the line that says, "Scanning Device:". The beta would have printed out what camera model you have, this way I can see if something special is happening for that camera.

@detlefs Thank you for the images and the information. Glad to hear the recognition rate is back up. The previous generation iMac is our toughest challenge with the long focus, so small barcodes on their is the worst case.