Bookpedia speed problem with 4.6.0 & 4.6.1 updates

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
cubimen
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Bookpedia speed problem with 4.6.0 & 4.6.1 updates

Post by cubimen »

I have 420 items in DVDpedia and 743 items in Bookpedia. Both works fine with 4.5.5 version, but when I update to 4.6.0, the result was:
-DVDpedia continues working well, normally, as always.
-Bookpedia looks too slow to navigate between items, particularly in cover flow mode. I come back the Bookpedia to 4.5.5 and it works fine again.

Today I update both to 4.6.1 and the result was the same: DVDpedia works fine. Bookpedia looks slowly...so I returned it to 4.5.5.

What is the reason for this strange behavior? Is there anything I can do about it?
Thank you very much for your help.

PD: My system is Mac Os X 10.6.3 (Macbook 2,4 GHz Intel Core 2Duo; 2GB Ram)
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bookpedia speed problem with 4.6.0 & 4.6.1 updates

Post by Conor »

There should be no slow down with the new version as this update also has no Cover Flow related updates. To be able to reproduce this issue could you please send us your entire database. This is going to be a rather larger upload as we would require the cover folder as well so I'll send you our FTP details.
cubimen
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by cubimen »

Thank´s Conor, finally I discover where is the problem: Both in Bookpedia and DVDpedia I use a custom info view (my own development is a mixture of the "collection" & "Dark" views). It works properly in the previous versions (until 4.5.5). In Bookpedia 4.6.1 I tried to disable my own info view and use any of the standars and that solved the problem of the navigation speed.
I do not understad why the problem only appears in Bookpedia, but in any case, it seems the problem is in my custom info view. I'll have to check it.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you very much for your help.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for testing that out. I would have been confused when I was unable to find the bug or duplicate it. Let me know if you need a hand.