DVDpedia: Cannot delete entry

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
scooter64
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVDpedia: Cannot delete entry

Post by scooter64 »

Hi Gang, congratulations on your big event recently!

I'm having an issue that just started today. Inside a smart folder I've set up for Blu-ray discs I've purchased, I've discovered that I cannot delete any titles from this folder. Whether I added them today, or two months ago.

I can still delete as usual from any other smart folder, but not this one. Never had an issue with this folder before today.

Plus, in the past couple of days I've noticed DVDpedia 4.6.1 beta 30, is crashing out of the blue when starting up about 70% of the time--with the pizza wheel just spinning for minutes. I'm not sure if this is related to the issue of not being able to delete from this particular smart folder or not?

When the crash report window displayed I did a copy of it into a rtf file, which i can send to you if you need to see what's going on. Are there are other logs you might need, or a file of my entire library?

Thanks!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: DVDpedia: Cannot delete entry

Post by Nora »

That's puzzling since you should never be able to delete anything from a smart collection. Because the collections assemble themselves based on the criteria you give them, the entries are added automatically and in order to remove an entry from the collection you either have to edit the entry (so that the information doesn't fit the criteria anymore) or you have to edit the criteria of the smart collection.

If you could please send us your Database.pediadata file as well as the crash log, we'll try to replicate the problem here. Also, do take a look at your console log, see if there are any messages from DVDpedia. You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log. You'll find the Database.pediadata file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata. Our email is on thesupport page. Thanks!