Certain DVD Titles Display as "Not Synched" in PP2

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
DVDcollector
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Certain DVD Titles Display as "Not Synched" in PP2

Post by DVDcollector »

I recently went through my DVDpedia collection & made changes to the titles of some of the movies in my collection. The reason for doing this was to have everything display in a more uniform manner in both the pedia program and Pocketpedia2. The changes to the titles was done to remove unwanted stuff that came over when the title was added (like "International Version" or "Super-Ultra-Magnificent Edition", etc), or to make titles that should be in a series appear the same in the list (Like changing a semicolon to a hyphen in the title itself).

Having done all of that, it seems that the titles that I changed do not sync to PP2 at all. PP2 instead shows "Not Synched" in the alphabetized list view. So there is a placeholder in PP2 for the title, but none of the info came over. I can identify which titles in the collection do not appear by comparing PP2 to DVDpedia (they appear fine in pedia) so I could delete & re-enter them but I am hoping that this is a bug that can be corrected.

Can you guys comment?

Thanks, & as always keep up the fantastic work (and that includes continuing to hammer away at Amazon!!)!!
DVDcollector
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Certain DVD Titles Display as "Not Synched" in PP2

Post by DVDcollector »

BTW, I am running DVDpedia 4.6.1 & using PP2 - I'm not sure how to tell the version for PP2. My mac OS is 10.6.3.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Obviously changing the titles should not have caused the Pocketpedia entries to forget their details, thanks for the bug report. To fix hold down the option key on your Mac while you press the sync button in Pocketpedia to initiate the sync. This will tell DVDpedia to send all the information on all the movies not just the update changes. It will take a while, like a brand new sync, but all the entries should then have their data.
DVDcollector
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by DVDcollector »

Thanks Connor,
As always, I appreciate your quick reply.
bigfella
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by bigfella »

Having read "Not Synched " in PP2, I have tried the suggestions and still have entries that only show "not Synched" and some will show no artwork.I have tried numerous times to update my lists. Most times I get the correct number of entries , but can lose items (no artwork or not synched) that had already been synched previously. The most obvious thing I have noticed is since the newest update to iPhone 4 software is that my WiFi continuously drops out during a synch. Any suggestions ?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Disable Bluetooth on your iPhone as this causes the WiFi Connection to drop and halts the sync that then needs to be reinitiated. After disabling Bluetooth try a brand new refresh of all the data by holding down the option key on your computer when pressing sync on the iPhone.
iBoy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by iBoy »

Thank you very much for another helpful tip. Turning off bluetooth helped for me too! I was going to ask a question here in the forum, but I found the answer here before I posted it :-)