Something's wrong with Amazon

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
P. Master
Captain
Captain

Something's wrong with Amazon

Post by P. Master »

'Review' from Extra Menu: 'No Review' comes from Amazon. No comments are stored. No Votes are stored. And the old problem with german ö ä ü is still the same - no record will be found at amazon till I change to oe au ue ...
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Something's wrong with Amazon

Post by Alex »

I assume you mean Amazon.de? The rest seem to work fine, but the German site is indeed not returning any values. I will monitor it for a bit because the amazon.de page took about 2 minutes to load which is unusual.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Unfortunately, it's one of the things that Amazon has removed from their API. At first we thought they would at least leave the ratings and take away the summary, but at the moment they are not delivering any details. We will file a bug report, although for the next version we have already removed the "Reviews" menu command.
P. Master
Captain
Captain

Post by P. Master »

Is it possible to implement bol.de ?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you, we will consider it for a future version.
fwolpers
Inductee
Inductee

Post by fwolpers »

Hi,
for me, neither search site works - when I enter the barcode number manually and use "CASCADE" for the search, only DVD.FR returns a completely wrong film - none of the other sites returns a value - strange !

DVD-Pedia - V4.6.3

May be a general bug, rather then just AMAZON.DE ?

Frank

*EDIT* - 15 mins later.......
Just tried search for the film title - same issue - no result at all.
Tried search for barcode number again - out of a sudden get a full data import from AMAZON.DE - have changed NOTHING - it just happened...... tried another 2 or 3 filsm - allways get data back - neither one worked 15 mins ago.....
TO me this now looks even more like a bug in the search function rather then a API issue or so.....

Frank
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

It sounds like the Amazon server might have been down, especially since the search is working fine again now. If you continue to have trouble with it, please send us a few sample barcodes so we can try those here. Thanks.
luckman65
Contributor
Contributor

Post by luckman65 »

I'm having no luck searching for titles on Amazon. Anyone else??
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Can you give us more details about the problem please? Which Pedia programs are you using and which Amazon site? What keywords or UPC are you entering? The more details you can give us the better. Thanks.
luckman65
Contributor
Contributor

Post by luckman65 »

Nevermind, it's working now.