Amazonpedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Pebowski
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Amazonpedia

Post by Pebowski »

I have problems with the widget. When I look i.e. for "Irving" it finds it in my Pedias (the dog icon) but not in Books. With the "i" I have switched to German (default was Japan) - but I get no search results, and I can't imagine that amazon will not sell books from John Irving. ;-)

Best regards,
Peter

PS: Die beste Investition in letzter Zeit: eure Pedia-Programme. Kleine private Frage: wieso sprecht ihr so perfekt Deutsch? Ihr seid doch in Spanien zu Hause oder irre ich mich?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Amazonpedia

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the bug report, it seems that none of the searches in Amazonpedia work so we'll take a look at that in the next few days. I'll let you know when it's fixed.

Ich bin deutsche, daher das (halbwegs) perfekte Deutsch. :) Und danke fürs Feedback zu den Pedias!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Okay, the problem is fixed. To re-install, remove Amazonpedia from your Dashboard, download the widget again (version 2.2.3), double-click the .zip file if you're not prompted by Safari automatically and follow the instructions on installing the widget.
Pebowski
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Pebowski »

Danke, Nora! Works nearly perfect. One small thing: when I enter John Irving, the search in Books brings 39 pages including books, where I even could not find the word john or irving. Only when I enter "John Irving" (with the ") I get good results in Books. But when I then change to the Dog-Pedia nothing is found, because he looks for ""John Irving"" (which of course could not be found)
In the i-Panel I choose Deutschland.

Liebe Grüße,
Peter
Pebowski
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Pebowski »

Could you reproduce this?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The quotes will now be removed for the internal search, you can download a new version of the widget to install in your widgets folder.
Pebowski
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Pebowski »

Thank you Conor, works fine now!

Greetings from Vienna
Peter