iSight not reading barcodes

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
eborgstrom

iSight not reading barcodes

Post by eborgstrom »

I just purchased Bookpedia v4.6.2 and found the iSight barcode reader does not work at all with the iSight in my 27" Apple Cinema Display. The rectangle stays red and, as noted in previous posts, the focus doesn't seem to work properly. I DO NOT have any problems when using iSight with Delicious Library 2. Please help!

Otherwise, the program is wonderful. Powerful and flexible enough to customize to my precise needs.

Best,

Eric
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: iSight not reading barcodes

Post by sjk »

Hi Eric,

You might want to check with Bruji if test scans from your system would be helpful, as Nora explained in:

iSight scanning work
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Please do try out our next generation of the scanner linked by SJK and send us image captures by pressing space bar when you have the barcode the sharpest possible in the frame that won't scan. I updated the link with the latest working version that has the red box at the very top of the iSight window, so please do download it again if you have already done so.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:I updated the link with the latest working version that has the red box at the very top of the iSight window
Ahh, I was wondering if the relocated red box was intentional.

Unfortunately this version is still 100% unsuccessful. :(
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

@sjk - Can you email us some of the screengrabs from that latest version so we can look at those barcodes here? Thanks!
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

I'll send something as soon as possible, Nora.
starwarsmags

Post by starwarsmags »

Same here :-( The iMac 24 simply is not focussing the barcodes :-(
The idea of using the iPhone seems neat, but then again 8 US$ just to fix this - I don´t know...
starwarsmags

Post by starwarsmags »

So another month went by - anything new on this topic ? In the meantime I started entering ISBN codes by hand (works!), but come on - that is not very 2011 - isn´t it ?
Pebowski
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Pebowski »

I had given up to try the iSight camera - and bought an Acan scanner on ebay from China. And it works like a charm, all scans with the first try. And 21 Euro is a good price for a scanner, I think, with no shipping costs. Only delivery time was 4 weeks to Europe.
And even if the iSight will work, I don't like to hold the book or the DVD somewhere up in the air. :wink:
I won't change anymore.

Regards
Peter