Registering with App Store

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
kelam

Registering with App Store

Post by kelam »

I downloaded the trial version of DVDpedia and decided to buy the full program through the App Store. However, when I downloaded it, it didn't overwrite the trial version and it's only letting me add in the 25 movies. It says I need a serial number. Where do I get this serial number?
kelam

Re: Registering with App Store

Post by kelam »

Just FYI- you must delete the trial version before you download the actual version from the app store. And the app store lets you redownload stuff for free. So, if you make the same mistake I did, just delete the trial version and redownload the app. Works great.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Registering with App Store

Post by Conor »

Deleting the trial version before an App Store purchase is the current way to proceed. What is interesting is that it let you buy the program in the App Store with the trial version on your computer, the App Store sees the trial version and the buy button should have appeared as "installed" until the trial version was removed. Thank you for the information for other App Store users.