Manual entry bug

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
wluytjes
Contributor
Contributor

Manual entry bug

Post by wluytjes »

Hi Bruji people, I have a problem with manual entry that persists over the last 2-3 updates of all three pedia's I own: when I try to manually enter an item and select the wheel- like icon at the bottom of the entry screen, which would normally give me a list of sites to search, no menu opens, the pedias hang and I get an endlessly spinning beachball. This can only be stopped by force quitting. It happens in all three pedias as said, all up to date. Longest I have waited before force quitting is 40 minutes. Any suggestions?
Thx
Willem
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Manual entry bug

Post by Nora »

Hi Willem, since you can repeat this problem, when the program hangs the next time like that, could you send us a sample from Activity Monitor? After you try using the little gear button and Bookpedia (or any of the other programs) is stuck and unresponsive, run "Activity Monitor" from your Applications/Utilities, select Bookpedia from the process list and under the view menu use "Sample Process" (command-option-s). You'll see a button to save the sample file in order to attach it to an email. Thanks!