IMDB search not working

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
PhiBo
Contributor
Contributor

IMDB search not working

Post by PhiBo »

I think something at IMDB broke the DVDpedia search in the past 24 hours. Yesterday I was still able to add films by IMDB search, now the search just doesn't finish (indefinitely spinning processing icon).
Last edited by PhiBo on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brewbarb
Contributor
Contributor

Re: IMDB search not working

Post by brewbarb »

My search is not working for Amazon and IMDB
steff
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by steff »

PhiBo wrote:I think something at IMDB broke the DVDpedia search in the past 24 hours. Yesterday I was still able to add films by IMDB search, now the search just doesn't finish (indefinitely spinning processing icon).
The same at mine search engine. All others do, but IMDB shows nothing then a beach ball. Neither restart nor deleting preferences are showing any changes. Hope support line has any advice. The IMDB API is still working over the internet.
reab
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by reab »

The same problem here.

P.S:
I've replaced (as an experiment) the IMDB plugin with the latest version from DVDpedia beta 8.
DVDpedia has not crashed and has downloaded some data from IMDB. Unfortunately, missing some information for country, runtime, genre, production company, etc.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We're working on fixing the plug-in. Will let you know when it's done.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The IMDb plug-in is back to normal, thanks for letting us know everyone. Download DVDpedia beta 9 for the fix.

For users running version 4.6.8, download DVDpedia 4.6.8 once more for the fix.
operator99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by operator99 »

Glad that is fixed. Any idea when it will be an official release. I ask because this past weekend I sang the praises of DVDpedia to friend who is not tech savvy, but was so impressed with what I showed her, she purchased it on Sunday. Last night I got a call saying something was wrong. It was the IMDB issue, and Isight didn't work. I found the solution to that, but no way to explain how to remove the plug-in in QT, she just didn't understand and over the phone, forget it. Hopefully that will be addressed as well in the next release. Telling her now that she has to go to the site and the forum to find out where to d/l and then install a beta...yikes, I can she her hiding in the corner. :-)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

She can just download the program once more from our website, the regular download link on the DVDpedia page. The plug-in is fixed in that version as well. (Tell her to delete her copy of DVDpedia from the Applications folder and then re-download the program. Her data won't be affected by this since it's kept separately from the application.)
Thanks for helping us spread the word about the Pedias! :)
operator99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by operator99 »

Thanks!
reab
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by reab »

As always with Pedia. The help: Faster than fast.
Thank you very much and a Happy New Year to your team
adamhh
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by adamhh »

Thanks for speedy fix people. However, my edit box on the beta is incomplete. I'm lacking the cog in the bottom right hand corner (and thus cannot update info), plus the 'next' and 'previous' buttons though functional are blank (ie no arrows).

EDIT: My edit facility is crumbling - now the rating stars have disappeared (before my very eyes) plus I can't change rating in details view either!

FURTHER EDIT: OK, panic over, a shut and start again seems to have fixed things.
adamhh
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by adamhh »

Can I just say that the Doghouse came into its own during this IMDB white-out. :D

I'm pleased to say that the Doghouse had 3 out of the 4 DVDs I wanted to add to my collection
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Excellent news, thanks for sharing! :)

EDIT: if you should have any further trouble with the UI, please do let us know.
Blackhawk1969

Post by Blackhawk1969 »

The IMDB plugin is working again on 4.6.8 but unfortunately the extended cast list has been cut short in the Credits section. that was my main reason for using the IMDB. Its possible that it is because i am on my PPC machine... I'll check my Intel mac at home to see if i get the same problems and re reply. Thanks for the quick fix Nora!! :D
rahmmie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rahmmie »

It looks like IMDB is working again (thanks for the fix with the beta version), but the Amazon search in Bookpedia seems to have disappeared all of a sudden (it's now asking for a web access key and a "secret" key). Anything we can do to have Amazon available again?