IMDB search not working

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Blackhawk1969

Re: IMDB search not working

Post by Blackhawk1969 »

Blackhawk1969 wrote:The IMDB plugin is working again on 4.6.8 but unfortunately the extended cast list has been cut short in the Credits section. that was my main reason for using the IMDB. Its possible that it is because i am on my PPC machine... I'll check my Intel mac at home to see if i get the same problems and re reply. Thanks for the quick fix Nora!! :D

OK..the short credits list from IMDB seems to be only a PPC problem... I get the full cast list on my Intel machine.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

In version 4.6.8. turn on the 'Complete Actors' under the plug-in menu > IMDb Options. (That's the little white cube next to the Help menu.) That'll download the full cast list from IMDb.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

@rahmmie - The IMDb problem is fixed in the betas as well as the regular versions (4.6.8 and 5.0.1).

As for the Amazon search, connection is still there in version 5 but you have to sign up for it, the programs don't connect to the sites automatically anymore. To sign up, go into the Preferences/Sites and press the 'Amazon Settings' button and follow the steps outlined here:
http://www.bruji.com/help/bookpedia/add ... tml#amazon
rahmmie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rahmmie »

Nora, thank you so very much for the super fast response and the quick fix for the problem. I looked up the help section but I didn't go down far enough in the page to see the Amazon procedure. Just tried it and works like a charm. Thank you SO very much for your help. Without BookPedia and DVDPedia, I would have absolutely NO way of tracking all the books I read and movies I watch and I'd be lost
mddharma

Post by mddharma »

Tried reloading 5.01 - Still can't add any movies. Search box just disappears during search
mddharma

Post by mddharma »

30 minutes - reloaded 3 times - can't search for movies or add movies.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Make sure you delete the copy of DVDpedia on your Mac and then re-download a fresh copy from this link.

If the IMDb search still doesn't work after this, please have a look at your console log, see if there are any messages from DVDpedia. You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log.
StefaanD

Post by StefaanD »

Nora,

Had the same problem, but can confirm the version in the link you provided does retrieve data again from IMDb, thanks for this.
KiplingCat
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by KiplingCat »

I just added "Trooper Hook" (using the Amazon ASIN), deleted the credits (all four of them!), added the IMDb number (0051111) and updated the entry using IMDb from the dropdown at the bottom right of the window. Credits were only added up to John Muchmore the sound recordist. Missing was the camera operator Ellsworth Fredricks, as well as the "(uncredited)" notations for the costume designer, one assistant director, and Mr. Muchmore. In the "Sites" preferences, I have all the "Download Credits for:" options checked except "Plot Keywords" so I would expect Mr. Muchmore, who is listed under "Camera and Electrical Department" to be listed.

This did not occur with "The Outriders" (IMDb #0042825) as DVDpedia retrieved all three entries under "Camera and Electrical Department" nor with "Oklahoma Territory" (IMDb #0054138) from which all six "Camera and Electrical Department" entries were retrieved.

In none of my recent additions have the "(uncredited)" notations for crew been shown, only those for cast. Is this a bug or by design?

BTW, I'm using v 5.0.3
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

"Ellsworth Fredricks" doesn't appear because the program checks for double credits and since he's already listed as Cinematographer the credit for camera operator is dropped.

Picking up the uncredited info for crew is a lot more complicated technically than it is for the uncredited cast listing. We'll look at it but it's not likely to make it anytime soon into the program.
KiplingCat
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by KiplingCat »

I just upgraded to DVDpedia 5.1.7 and added a movie I just purchased from Amazon. The full credits are not loading when I update from IMDB (ID 0051629). After "Chuck Roberson...stunts" it adds "George Neise" with no designation. "George N. Neise" is the fifth actor listed at the top of the credits and is shown in the proper order. He does not appear again in IMDB's credits.

The console messages include:

9/22/13 3:41:27 PM DVDpedia[2866] Error loading /Users/myid/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Plug-ins/Awards.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Awards: dlopen(/Users/myid/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Plug-ins/Awards.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Awards, 265): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Users/myid/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Plug-ins/Awards.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Awards: GC capability mismatch

9/22/13 3:41:27 PM DVDpedia[2866] Failed to load plug-in with title: Awards...

How do I fix this?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the details, but I can't reproduce the issue. Could you try the search without being logged into IMDb on their website and let me know if it makes a difference? Also could you send me a screenshot of your IMDb preferences for DVDpedia. This would be under DVDpedia -> Preferences -> Sites -> Gear button next to IMDB.
genji2000
Captain
Captain

Post by genji2000 »

Sometime in the past 24 hours DVDpedia 5.1.7 (Beta 51, according to 'About') seems not to be able to find any "Download Credits for" IMDB info (e.g. "Produced By"), but it's also failing to download any acting credits. Standard info (inc. movie image, director, studio, genre, etc.) is still appearing.
reab
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by reab »

genji2000 wrote:Sometime in the past 24 hours DVDpedia 5.1.7 (Beta 51, according to 'About') seems not to be able to find any "Download Credits for" IMDB info (e.g. "Produced By"), but it's also failing to download any acting credits. Standard info (inc. movie image, director, studio, genre, etc.) is still appearing.
Same problem here since this morning
..and another one here: http://www.bruji.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... +51#p22778
steff
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by steff »

genji2000 wrote:Sometime in the past 24 hours DVDpedia 5.1.7 (Beta 51, according to 'About') seems not to be able to find any "Download Credits for" IMDB info (e.g. "Produced By"), but it's also failing to download any acting credits. Standard info (inc. movie image, director, studio, genre, etc.) is still appearing.
Got the same problem. Seems IMDB changed something again. no producer, no actors (which is very annoying).
Please help us!!!