DVDpedia Front Row Plugin not working on Lion

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
geeji
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDpedia Front Row Plugin not working on Lion

Post by geeji »

I am not sure it qualifies as a bug, since this plugin is closer to an unsupported hack than a regular DVDpedia feature, but just in case :
I installed Front Row 2.2.1 and DVDpedia 4.6.8 on Lion 10.7.4 using Front Row Enabler 10.5.3 for Lion : all worked fine :-).
However, when I installed the DVDpedia Front Row Plugin, it failed to load : Console message : "FrontRow: Failed to allow loading of appliance /System/Library/CoreServices/Front Row.app/Contents/PlugIns/DVDpedia.frappliance".

Tried DVDpedia 5.1.1 and the latest DVDpedia Front Row Plugin 5, no difference.
Tried manual install for DVDpedia.frappliance, no difference.
Uninstalled everything, reinstalled, rebooted, no difference.
Note that an other third party plugin, EyeTV.frappliance, worked fine.

Since there is no more details in the Console, I have no idea if it is a bug trivial to fix or not.
Sad, since the Front Row/DVDpedia plugin was for me (and others) much preferable to the cumbersome alternatives (Plex : beurk...).
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia Front Row Plugin not working on Lion

Post by Conor »

Just to link it here for others reading the entire code base for the DVDpedia Front Row Plugin is available. It has only been compiled with the old Xcode 4 and has never been tried since then.