Amazon searches & ID in DVDpedia not working

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
FineWine
Site Admin

Amazon searches & ID in DVDpedia not working

Post by FineWine »

Hi team - After updating to DVDpedia 5.1.5 Beta 45 today (9th March) the following occurred:

1 - Went to add some DVD's to an order collection today by dragging the http://www.amazon.co.uk/Name-Rose-DVD-S ... 694&sr=1-1 over the Dock icon this did not work. (IMDb URL's do)

Error = There are no matches for "B0001Z65NU". Please try another search.

Though searching by title via DVDpedia search box did.

2 - Also noticed that my Amazon Associate ID not working anymore, even after I created a new AccessKey.

Error = Your AccessKey Id is not registered for Product Advertising API. Please use the AccessKey Id obtained after registering at https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp ... gn-in.html.

Are these two problems linked or separate?
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Amazon searches & ID in DVDpedia not working

Post by FineWine »

OK all is working again. :D :D

I had to completely reverify ALL my Amazon account details, Associate ID, Tracking ID, the whole F-ing lot. How bloody tedious. :x :x :x

Not Bruji's problem or fault though.

Thanks to the Bruji Blog page :idea: Changes to the Amazon API for the hints on what to do. :) :) :)

Cheers
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Glad to hear it's working again now. We've had a few reports from users who needed to log in again at the amazon associate page after signing up, otherwise their account didn't seem to be recognized. Not sure why this is happening but hopefully it's the last hoop that Amazon throws in our way...
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Thanks Nora - yes lets hope this is the last of this Amazon mess.