No Summary from IMDB search

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
dalboy5
Contributor
Contributor

No Summary from IMDB search

Post by dalboy5 »

I am using 4.6.8 and now have trouble adding films—there is no summary from the IMDB site any longer. I have the Summary setting in Preferences checked. It worked fine until recently. Please help.
T.S.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: No Summary from IMDB search

Post by sjk »

Try downloading/installing 4.6.8 again to get the version with an updated IMDb plugin, as described in:

Betas for version 4.6.8?
dalboy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dalboy5 »

Downloaded and installed, but still no Summary or Title information on Add searches in IMDB. This was fine a few days ago......is 4.6.8 doomed?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I forgot to update the old version, I have done so now. It takes me quite a bit of work, as Apple has moved forward without a lot of the technology, so in the long run version 4.6.8 is approaching doomed. Hopefully there won't be any more changes in the next few years.
dalboy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dalboy5 »

Thank you for your work on this problem.....it is a relief to have it resolved......I purchased the upgrade, but that Amazon situation is troubling— so I stay with 4.6.8. Thanks, again!
genji2000
Captain
Captain

Post by genji2000 »

I have the same problem with version 5.1.5 (sorry if I've missed an instruction somewhere to download something).

EDIT: Sorry, will Beta 45 fix this?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Beta 45 should fix it, do let me know if it's not the case. I will do an official update in a few days, if no other changes are made to get regular users updated.
genji2000
Captain
Captain

Post by genji2000 »

Conor wrote:Beta 45 should fix it, do let me know if it's not the case. I will do an official update in a few days, if no other changes are made to get regular users updated.
Yep - seems to work fine, thanks.