DVDPEDIA - Why can't it find a title I'm looking at?

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVDPEDIA - Why can't it find a title I'm looking at?

Post by PGW »

I went to add the DVD "The Other 1/2 & The Other 1/2" today.

I'm looking at the DVD on Yesasia's page.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-other-1-2 ... /info.html

Yet when I click on "ADD" and select Yesasia and go to add the title, it comes up with "no matches" (even if I just type "Other 1/2" or just Other 1/2 without the quotes).

I can just enter the movie manually, of course... but I'm just wondering why the program can't find it.

[I'm using DVDPedia 5.1.5 Beta 44 on OSX 10.7.5 iMac]
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDPEDIA - Why can't it find a title I'm looking at?

Post by Conor »

Fixed the issue in the search plugin with the forward slash as that confuses the search URL and removed the ampersand that is also a special character. Yet, seems to interpret so many keywords to give a large number of results likely based on the numbers, so it does not narrow down the movie just to the one with that specific title. You can download the beta to get the YesAsia search that can handle forwards slash.
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PGW »

Thanks, Conor

Here's another oddity for you.

I went to add a new title (with the "add" selection set to Amazon US), and entered "Thief of Bagdad blu-ray" in the search window (no quotes). Well, the correct disc came up as the second choice. The first choice that came up was the blu-ray of "Tristana," for some reason. Though they're put out by the same company, there's no mention of "Thief" in the listing for the other film, so I can't figure out why that came up (much less as the suggested answer to my search). Any ideas?

Also, just a suggestion, but the "search for" button in the add window only offers DVD and VHS. Maybe it's time to add blu-ray to that? :-)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The results returned are sorted by Amazon, unfortunately there's not much we can do about that. But do select the limiter 'title' in the search window; that'll bring up the correct movie for you as the first (and in this case, only) result.
Title isn't the default setting since some users prefer to search by an actor's or director's name or string different keywords together like this: "Rock Connery Cage".

Amazon doesn't offer a Blu-Ray search option yet. The AWS API only differentiates between DVDs and VHSs.