DVDpedia keep asking me to buy it

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
hellonearth
Contributor
Contributor

DVDpedia keep asking me to buy it

Post by hellonearth »

Hello Nora & Conor

i have a problem since i used a dmg you give me after a bug with "could not save change" (view my post Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:05 a). Everything work fine except that now each time i open DVDpedia on the mac it seem that my version is a demo. i bought the app on the appstore on 14/03/2012 ( i can send you the apple mail). the dmg worked with my bug, but something may have introduce a new bug with the license... when i launch the app i have the little window that asking me to buy the app because the 5 days demo as expired... and when i look on the mac app store in my account i can't see the dvdpedia app and i cant reload it... what can i do to use it as i did since march 2012??
Olivier

PS: i can send you proof of purchase by mail if needed.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: DVDpedia keep asking me to buy it

Post by Nora »

If you purchased the program in the Mac App Store you should still be able to run the beta since the program should see your Mac App Store receipt and honor that instead of a serial number. Check in the 'Purchased' tab of the Mac App Store, you should see a link to download DVDpedia there. Run it once and then you should be fine running the beta dmg from our website that you've downloaded.
hellonearth
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DVDpedia keep asking me to buy it

Post by hellonearth »

Hello Nora,

The item "dvdpedia" was "hidden" on my Mac Appstore account and wasn't on the list of purchased item... i really don't know why... i have re download it... seem to be ok now. sometime computers are a mystery to me
Thanks Nora, i hope it will be OK ;-)
Olivier