Sync problems with Pocketpedia...

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Sync problems with Pocketpedia...

Post by PascalB »

Hi everybody,

Since yesterday I have a syncro problem with Pocketpedia. My iPhone tells me that it hasn't find a Pedia application on my Mac and asks me to start it again. I closed and opened my Pedia softwares many times without success, I restart my Mac, I restart my iPhone but also without success.

I am under OS X 10.8.4 and Pedia apps (Bookpedia and CDpedia) are up to date.

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help,

Pascal
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Sync problems with Pocketpedia...

Post by Conor »

Hi Pascal,

In that case, something on your networked changed that is blocking the connection from Pocketpedia to the Mac. To discard any issues on the network create a dedicated network from your Mac's Airport menu. Select "Create Network..." and follow the steps for information and password if you desire. Then from the iPhone connect to this new network and try out the sync. If this works it means there something in the router that is blocking the connection. Likely restarting your router would do the trick.

Regards,
Conor
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Sync problems with Pocketpedia...

Post by PascalB »

Conor wrote:Hi Pascal,

In that case, something on your networked changed that is blocking the connection from Pocketpedia to the Mac. To discard any issues on the network create a dedicated network from your Mac's Airport menu. Select "Create Network..." and follow the steps for information and password if you desire. Then from the iPhone connect to this new network and try out the sync. If this works it means there something in the router that is blocking the connection. Likely restarting your router would do the trick.

Regards,
Conor
Thanks Conor,

You're right something had changed in my setup. I followed your instructions then I restart my modem and now everything is OK !

Many thanks for the support,

Pascal