Hang on mulit-edit

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
noisyscott
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Hang on mulit-edit

Post by noisyscott »

Hello,

The more recent DVDpedias hang if I attempt to do any multi-editing, in any field. The application will lockup, and the only option is to force-quit DVDpedia.

Reverting back to 5.1.6 restores the expected functionality.

I have attempted to replicate this with a brand new database with some simple dummy data, but have been unsuccessful. However any time I go back to using my own database, I can replicate this issue in an instant. Please let me know if you need or want any more info on this issue. Hopefully you are able to replicate this on your end as well.

Best regards,
Scott
reab
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Hang on mulit-edit

Post by reab »

I can confirm that. The same problem here.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Scott,

Since I can't repeat it, could you send me your database via email so that I can duplicate it and kill the bug for the next release. Thank you.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the database. I should have tested with the large databases. I added a lazy line to update all smart collections on multiple edit, to keep them updated especially when the count column is shown in order to keep it accurate. the bug only affects those with large number of entries in and many smart collections. The beta is updated and will be in the next release. It now does what I should have done from the beginning, it only check the edited movies against the smart collections.
reab
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by reab »

Thanks for the help. The "beta" has solved the problem.