DVD Pedia 5.1.10 - Crash/Freeze on Details

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
networked47
Contributor
Contributor

DVD Pedia 5.1.10 - Crash/Freeze on Details

Post by networked47 »

After having fully cleared the data directory and started to input my media anew, I've notice that the details filed in the application is empty.
Assuming that there was an error in the template I downloaded a new one, switched it in the options and releaded, still the same result.

On trying a on/off details switch, the application freezes and needs to be force quit:ed. It does not matter if this is done in the interface or in the menu.

It's not that much of a bother since it still shows in the entry and the export but it is a minor annoyance. :)

Running on OS X 10.9
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVD Pedia 5.1.10 - Crash/Freeze on Details

Post by Conor »

Do try removing the preference file with DVDpedia not running. You will find your preference file in ~/Library/Preferences/com.bruji.dvdpedia.plist.

If the issue continues could you please send us the crash report for the freeze. They should be stored in your home folder at ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/DVDpedia...crash. You can also use the program Activity Monitor while DVDpedia is hung to sample DVDpedia and get an output that might least to more clues.
networked47
Contributor
Contributor

Post by networked47 »

Removing the plist file and restarting yielded the same result (freeze/force quit)

The DiagnosticReports folder proved empty, but I did take a sample of it as it was /is hanging. I uploaded it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/678 ... Dpedia.zip
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you so much for the information. Looks like a bug in Mavericks with the displays. Do you have multiple displays or are running the program in full screen? Do let me know any display setup details so I can try to reproduce it. Especially to create a sample case I can then send on to Apple if it necessary.
networked47
Contributor
Contributor

Post by networked47 »

Display setupt is as follows:

Secondary - Primary

Primary is iMac27" (mid 2010)
Secondary BenQ 21"

I'm on default not running the program in fullscreen, I'll just give that a test.

Tested going FS on both displays, still behaves the same.

I am running GamePedia too and the details display behaves as it should
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It something with the double monitor setup. The hang begins with NSScreenDisplayLink _fire and [NSScreen(NSDisplayLink) displayLinkWithTarget:selector:] and it hangs trying to animate on the screen.

Are both Gamepedia and DVDpedia on the same monitor or Space? Are you using the Collection style details view in DVDpedia or another Gamepedia? You can check under Preferences -> Style -> Details Style, do let me know if it's not the deafult Collection style.

Thank you for all the help in tracking this down.
networked47
Contributor
Contributor

Post by networked47 »

Both are running on the main display.

DVDPedia wasn't now (I downloaded a new one on trying to see if it helped). It is however now (I switched to the default, quit and restarted the program) as is gamepedia. Gamepedia displays it, the field on DVDPedia is blank.

Another thing I just noticed is that the divider bar bettween the listview and the details is missing in DVDPedia, but not in GamePedia. GamePedia I updated to the current version (5.1.10) and it shows no signs of the error.

Probably as it fails to draw it in DVDPedia, the Details-button on the buttonbar is unhighlighted. It is so in GamePedia and switching it on/off produces the desired result.

I did a test with having the monitor off at startup to force a reset of any position saved, but it showed no difference.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for testing the monitors situation out. Do try the menu "View -> Reset View Sizes" to restore the details view to it's default location with divider and all in case it's a special state that it's gotten into.
networked47
Contributor
Contributor

Post by networked47 »

Lo and behold! It's back! :D
networked47
Contributor
Contributor

Post by networked47 »

Intrestingly enough.. when I tried to switch it to another template (I downloaded 'Empire'') i freezes up again. When I Force Quit and restart it it freezes again until I Force Quit, remove the template files and then start it anew.

I got som similar hangs with the built-in templates, but a Force Quite and restart made then appear ok.