PocketPedia loses ALL data

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
jed
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

PocketPedia loses ALL data

Post by jed »

(MacOS 10.6.8/iOS 6.1/PP 3/DVDPedia 5.2 Beta 54)
Sometimes when I add a record in PocketPedia (to PocketPedia collection) my ENTIRE PocketPedia database "disappears"!!!
After this happens I can sync and things are back to normal (it syncs quickly unlike when I do a full sync).
It seems that some trigger just "hides" the viewing of the PocketPedia data.

Any ideas??

Jed Clifford
Conor
Top Dog

Re: PocketPedia loses ALL data

Post by Conor »

Hi Jed,

First time we here about something like this. If you could send us the console log after that happens so we can find out if there any errors reported by Pocketpedia. Getting the console log requires you to download The iPhone Configuration Utility and run it with your iPhone attached. There will be a "Console" option on the sidebar that displays the console. You can filter for "Pocketpedia" or scroll to the bottom if using Pocketpedia recently as the new messages are at the bottom of the log.
jed
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by jed »

I will do that.
jed
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by jed »

I was able to reproduce the error. I added a couple of Titles in "PocketPedia Collection" on iPhone, when I deleted one the database was blank. Like I said before, I don't think it is erasing the database but rather "hiding" after the error.

I am have my console file (I clear it before trying these moves).
Not sure how to upload the file.

Hope this can be helpful.

Jed Clifford
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Since the console can be rather long, please send us an email with the file. You will find the email address on our support page.. Thank you so much for looking that information up.