Gamepedia not treating PS4 and PS Vita games correctly...

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Midori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Gamepedia not treating PS4 and PS Vita games correctly...

Post by Midori »

Hello,

Apparently, the PS4 games get the PSone icon, though appart from that it is okay. But the PS Vita games are not only with PSone icon, but do not go together under the same standardised "console name", I had to correct 4 out of 11 games...

Oh, and to be precise: I have the last Gamepedia version, on a 10.7 OS though, and it is in French.

Thank you...

Midori
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Gamepedia not treating PS4 and PS Vita games correctly..

Post by Conor »

Hi Midori,

Thank you for the feedback and the message. Do check that your platform name for "PS4" or "PlayStation 4" does not have a space at the end of the name. The 4 needs to be the last character, for speed it does not strip blanks. I'll look at adding a PS Vita icon for the next release as we don't yet have one included.

In the meantime if you drop an image with the exact platform name lowercased + ".png" (i.e. "ps vita.png" or "playstation vita.png") into Gamepedia.app/Contents/Resources/Images/GameIcons/ folder it will see it and show you the icon for that platform. If you do create the icon, do please send it so I can use it as well. Would be around 30x30 for retina display (changed to fit the aspect ratio of the icon).
Midori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Midori »

Heya,

it took me a while, but if you want it, here are my two PS Vita logos...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/813 ... PSVita.zip

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Midori
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you. Included with Gamepedia for the next release. :D
Midori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Midori »

Hello,

On the same idea, have you decided if you were going to do something for New 3DS (games like Xenoblade HD are not compatible with 3DS / 2DS, and hence have to get their own category...)?

And are you interested in my Amiibo pics, because as they are compatible with more than one console, I made a category for them...

Midori :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We been calling them "New 3DS" in the platform name in Doghouse. So far we had not added the image as not sure how to fit in the new logo with the "New" word on top as well as the "3DS" lots of text for such a small area in the list view. But I have gone ahead an added the best option we had for "New 3DS" in the current beta.

The Amiibo is a strange category so not quite a fit for the regular Gamepedia, but thank you for offering them.