CDPedia smart collections not working

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
rpali
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

CDPedia smart collections not working

Post by rpali »

It seems that smart collections in CDPedia 5.3.1 aren't working, at least for me. This is under Yosemite if that matters. I went so far as to recreate one to see if it matter, and it doesn't.

For example, I've got one called "last365" and the logic behind it is: [Date added][in the last (days)] 365. It shows zero results despite my adding two CDs in the last two days. The Date Added attribute for those two CDs do show the correct dates. It worked fine before, though I'm not sure when it went wrong.

Is this a known issue?
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: CDPedia smart collections not working

Post by Alex »

Hello, this works fine for me. Things to try:

1. Check your Date and Time Preferences on the Mac, make sure everything looks right
2. Check the Time Zone
3. Download the latest beta of CDpedia. While not a known issue, it never hurts to try a new download. You can have both programs on your Mac at the same time, just don't run them simultaneously.
4. Increase the time threshold as an experiment to see if it picks something up, set it to 1000 days for example. This can be done by double-clicking the smart collection.

Let us know how it goes.
rpali
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by rpali »

Time was right. Timezone was right.

I downloaded the beta, and the bubbles indicating the number of entries in each list showed zero (for the smartlists, anyway). I was disappointed, but when I clicked on each, the contents showed up as it should, and the bubbles updated correctly.

But just FYI, now the 'list of lists' is acting strangely. If I choose a new list (smart or not), the contents show up correctly, but the highlight (indicating what list I'm viewing) promptly disappears a split-second after I select it. I can click on it again and it stays highlighted. But this is minor. I'm just glad my smart lists are working again! Thank you, Alex.

Rick.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the update. There are new highlight techniques in Yosemite due to the new transparency. I shall take a look at the highlight in Yosemite and make sure it's staying for the next version. Currently updating the highlight in the edit window for Yosemite. One other users also has all the smart collections count going to 0 every once in a while in Yosemite, so that is another bug that needs tracking down. Sadly it seems to be very rare, so hard to pin point.