CDpedia beta: Could Not Save Changes

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
never-said
Contributor
Contributor

CDpedia beta: Could Not Save Changes

Post by never-said »

Hi all,

I have been using CDpedia 5.4.0 beta 56 since my last bug post here (http://bruji.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6522), waiting for the Discogs fix. (Is the regular release now fully functional with Discogs? The beta has been fine for me until now, so I've not installed the non-beta updates.)

I get an error every time I try to add the following release from Discogs to my database: http://www.discogs.com/Quasi-Mole-City/release/6813824

The dialog says "Could Not Save Changes. The database in memory is not in a valid state and will be reloaded from the hard disk."

Interestingly, I get this error message if I select any of the releases from the Discogs Master Release for this CD -- the problem is not specific to the US release linked above. However, I have not experienced this message with any other entry from Discogs.

????
never-said
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CDpedia beta: Could Not Save Changes

Post by never-said »

OK, to answer my own question re: CDpedia 5.4.0 -- Discogs works again, yay! I was also able to add the below-linked Quasi seedee to my collection without the headache I experienced with the beta.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: CDpedia beta: Could Not Save Changes

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. Glad the latest beta fixed it.

If it happens again do let me know the details. It's simply an error from Discogs or a format that I overlooked. A string that is supposed to be read as a date or vice versa, hence why the error appears as it can't save the information unless it's in the correct format.