Pocketpedia sort order

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
emery

Pocketpedia sort order

Post by emery »

I have lists in the CDpedia sorted by artist, which carries over to the pocketpedia app. I have not always bothered to use capitalization in the "sort name" field, and indeed, some people's names begin with lower-case letters.

After one of the recent updates, the pocketpedia sort started being "programmer sort" i.e. by Unicode number, so that A-Z comes first, then a-z, rather than "human sort" of the kind recommended by the Unicode consortium, where a=A and they are sorted irrespective of case.

Can this be fixed?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia sort order

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. We updated the sorting to be 10x faster but added this bug. I am hoping to fix it for the next version without loss of speed. Currently working on it, will let you know if I have success, should you want to beta test.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia sort order

Post by Conor »

Fixed for the next version. Now that sections are created our of the entire artist name and not only the "A" section, they will still be two sections for artist who's name differ in capitalization, but they will be next to each other and sorted via the Unicode standard as they should. Also means the index sidebar will also be correct.

Thank you for the patience and the bug report.