DVD Pedia with El Capitan

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
reumut
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVD Pedia with El Capitan

Post by reumut »

Hi there,
after updating to OSX El Capitan using of DVD Pedia feels very tough. Scrolling with many entries stutters, opening the editor or switching between details and normal view etc. takes a long time. Today, I made ca. 40 entries and it took 2-3 times as long as before the update to El Capitan. It is no fun to work under this circumstances. .i hope you can find out what happens here and fix this.
btw. I am using DVD Pedia Version 5.4.1.
Best regards
Michael
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVD Pedia with El Capitan

Post by Conor »

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for the feedback about El Capitan and the new version. Do please send me a sample of DVDpedia while it's slowing down so that I can narrow down on the issue, as I can't repeat it here on my machine. You can capture a sample by using the "Activity Monitor" application and selecting DVDpedia from the list and pressing the Sample button on the toolbar. The tough part is timing it, to capture the sample at the right moment as DVDpedia is slowing down. Don't be afraid to send me more than one, I shall look through all of them and figure it out what they share in common.

Kind regards,
Conor
FineWine
Site Admin

Mac OS upgrades and Maintenance

Post by FineWine »

reumut wrote:Hi there,
after updating to OSX El Capitan using of DVD Pedia feels very tough. Scrolling with many entries stutters, opening the editor or switching between details and normal view etc. takes a long time. Today, I made ca. 40 entries and it took 2-3 times as long as before the update to El Capitan. It is no fun to work under this circumstances. .i hope you can find out what happens here and fix this.
btw. I am using DVD Pedia Version 5.4.1.
Best regards
Michael
Before and After any update I always use this FREE maintenance program - ONYX http://www.titanium.free.fr/onyx.html This does a great job of cleaning out all the old jetsam and flotsam which accumulates over time. You might find this will help with a smoother Pedia operation. Give it go anyway. It will not harm your machine or any programs. TIP = read about any action before you carry it out e.g. you would not want to clean out your Bookmark/Favourite icons would you.

Cheers