Bookpedia: Amazon US not returning any results

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
manjusri
Contributor
Contributor

Bookpedia: Amazon US not returning any results

Post by manjusri »

Having similar issue to the posts for DVDpedia. I'm using Bookpedia 5.9.2 Beta 101. My Amazon Associates ID is live and in good status. However, when I enter an ISBN number, Bookpedia repies "There are no matches for [ISBN#]. Please try another search." This happens even with ISBN numbers for books already imported into my Bookpedia database using Amazon US. Please help. Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bookpedia: Amazon US not returning any results

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the info. Could you have a look at your console log after a search, see if there are any messages from Bookpedia? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log. I am sure something is up, as vjl reported the same issue when using his own credentials.
manjusri
Contributor
Contributor

Post by manjusri »

The only things I see that say "Bruji" are the following:

default 08:39:58.497370 -0700 com.apple.WebKit.Networking [178 <private> stream, pid: 9682, url: http://www.bruji.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 09&e=26209] cancelled
[178.1 C6877386-383A-4457-9E20-FA977E73390A <private>.52174<-><private>]
Connected Path: satisfied (Path is satisfied), interface: en0, ipv4, ipv6, dns
Duration: 60.640s, DNS @0.000s took 0.408s, TCP @0.408s took 0.000s
bytes in/out: 9153/1958, packets in/out: 9/3, rtt: 0.054s, retransmitted packets: 0, out-of-order packets: 0

default 08:39:58.497821 -0700 com.apple.WebKit.Networking [179 <private> stream, pid: 9682, url: http://www.bruji.com/forum/cron.php?cro ... y_sessions] cancelled
[179.1 42487C3E-D1D8-47B0-95E8-07BAF008A924 <private>.52176<-><private>]
Connected Path: satisfied (Path is satisfied), interface: en0, ipv4, ipv6, dns
Duration: 59.274s, DNS @0.000s took 0.000s, TCP @0.001s took 0.001s
bytes in/out: 215/682, packets in/out: 1/1, rtt: 0.055s, retransmitted packets: 0, out-of-order packets: 0
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Please hold down the option key and click on the Help menu in Bookpedia and select "Amazon Test" to test searching with that enabled. I believe Amazon has new requirements that your associate account might not be meeting, but they would have shown up in the logs with that information. Like this message in a DVDpedia error log from another user.
Kat518
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kat518 »

I'm having the same issue, but only with Kindle ASIN numbers. It started a couple of versions ago and still continues with beta 5.9.2 (102). Searching/adding to collection on hardcover or paperback editions work fine, but every kindle ASIN search I try returns the no results message. (Amazon test is enabled.). If the Kindle edition happens to have an ISBN number, searching with that will return the correct result.
manjusri
Contributor
Contributor

Post by manjusri »

Hi Conor. When I do an Amazon Test and search an ISBN number, I get the same "no matches" result, but when I log in to my Associates account, I'm not sure what to look for that would indicate why it's no longer working with Bookpedia. Do you know what I should look for? Thanks so much.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Could you please send me a couple of the ISBNs, so that I can check them here. Do make sure to get the latest beta 102 as there was an error with searching ISBNs with 13 digits in the earlier betas.

When you try the searches against your credentials with "Amazon Test" off and it fails, there should info in the console log. Since there are no messages from Bookpedia there or Amazon then it would mean that there is no error and that it's not finding the ISBNs online.
vjl
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by vjl »

I just noticed this thread - I'm working well under beta 103 with Amazon Test. I have not re-tried with my own credentials since it appears that I do not yet have a permanent Associates account yet since I have not yet met the 3 purchases via my links in 3 months. When that happens [i now have 1 credited purchase!], I will be able to retest using my own account, if they approve me. [they need to look at my websites that i put banners up and right now those sites i listed are very minimal and they want full fledged sites; thankfully they are cool with Facebook and Twitter sites and I am active on Twitter with my Associates account].