Bookpedia Beta 5.9.2

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.

Bookpedia Beta 5.9.2

Postby kencmcg » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:52 pm

I don't know if this is a bug or just a problem with the design, but it is a nuisance. I'm looking up a lot of books to enter in my collection. The ones I am doing now are fold and fairy tale collections from the 1950's. Some come up with cover art, some with the title page, some blank, and almost always require me to re-scan the cover, remove the cover art and then add the new one. It would help if just dropping new art in the filed would get rid of the old one, but it does not. The process requires me to go up to the Book menu and delete the cover. The problem is that until the new book is saved, it will remove the cover from the last book I was looking at instead. You can see that would be a pain having to remember what book I was looking at last so that I can fix it when I am done with the new book. So I have to hit enter or return to save the new book before I can delete the old cover, and that closes the file. So I have to re-open the book file, delete the old cover and drop the new one in. Just an extra couple of things I have to do, and when I am doing 30 or 40 books, that eats up time. Even more confusing is when I have first searched for the book to make sure that I don't already have a copy. So I search my library and it isn't there. Then I click on the + to add a new book, and add it. When I am done, I close the page but the old search is still there and opens the file for the book I just added. Then, if I am on auto pilot (who wouldn't be after adding 25 or 30 books in a row), I see the file and wonder if I forgot to close it and press OK - at which time the application tells me that I already have that book and do I really want to add another.

Just saying. . .
kencmcg
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: Bookpedia Beta 5.9.2

Postby Conor » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:30 am

Thank you for the feedback. What Mac OS version are you using? I am a bit confused by the description of the bug.

1. Drag and dropping any image over an image well will replace the image. There is no need to remove it first.

2. Does the image change, but when you hit "Add" it't not the new image but the original image?

Do let me know more details and we will track the bug down, as you should be able to change the image without having to use the menu command.
User avatar
Conor
Top Dog
 
Posts: 5235
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:58 pm

Re: Bookpedia Beta 5.9.2

Postby kencmcg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:07 pm

I will get back to you on the cover. I just locked it totally up after adding a cover. Screen shot emailed. Using Mac OS 10.13.6
kencmcg
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: Bookpedia Beta 5.9.2

Postby kencmcg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Sorry, that was not entirely correct. The page was not responding. I had to close the application to close the page. Did NOT have to reboot the computer.
kencmcg
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: Bookpedia Beta 5.9.2

Postby Conor » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:48 am

Thank you Ken, if it happens again and the cover is from an online source, do let me know where I can find the cover you are dragging as it might be a bug that happens only with a certain image format.
User avatar
Conor
Top Dog
 
Posts: 5235
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:58 pm

Re: Bookpedia Beta 5.9.2

Postby kencmcg » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:07 pm

I have added 50 books, beginning August 22. 90% of them had no covers when I looked them up. Of the remaining 10% only a few had the correct cover - many of these '50-'60 era books used a title page for a cover. All the covers I have added are scanned at 300 dpi and dragged into the Bookkpedia window from my desktop. Had no trouble with the covers at all in this latest batch of books.
kencmcg
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:50 pm


Return to Bug Reports

cron