Newly added items not showing in PocketPedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Stoom
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Newly added items not showing in PocketPedia

Post by Stoom »

Hi

I have noticed that items that I have added recently to CDPedia are not showing in the A-Z screen in PocketPedia. They are there; the item count is correct and if you search for the items they show up.

Here is an example. In the A-Z screen there are 3 All Them Witches CDs listed.

[url=http://s1005.photobucket.com/user/Stoom ... 1.png.html]Image

But if you do a search for All Them Witches you see all 5 CDs that are actually in the database.

[url=http://s1005.photobucket.com/user/Stoom ... 2.png.html]Image

I have tried deleting the database in PocketPedia and re-syncing, deleting the PocketPedia app re-downloading it and syncing and deleting the app, re-booting the iPhone re-downloading the app and syncing. None of these have worked.

I'm using a iMac with OS 10.14.1 and an iPhone with iOS 12.1.

Many thanks

Stoom
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Newly added items not showing in PocketPedia

Post by Conor »

Thank you so much for all the specifics and trying all the debugging options. With your extensive exploration of options I think it might be related to sorting. Try sorting by a different column and syncing, do they appear then?

If you don't mind could you please send me your CDpedia database. You will find the database in your data folder located in your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/CDpedia/Database.cdpd. Under Yosemite you must use the Finder "Go" menu and hold down the option key and select the "Library" option. Once there navigate to Application Support/CDpedia and select Database.cdpd and use the "Compress" command under the main "File" menu. This will create a .zip version that you can then attach to an email message. This way I can try with the exact same albums and follow the bug down to it's route cause.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Newly added items not showing in PocketPedia

Post by Conor »

Thank you for sending me the information via email. I have the edge case bug fixed and will be included in the next version of Pocketpedia. In the meantime resorting by any attribute will bring back the missing items. It's an issue with the cache of the sections that is not being invalidated after a sync, although it normally should not be necessary (I feel your data might have come from Pocketpedia at some point, as the main database normally does not keep this cache and gets removed automatically on a new sync).