Bookpedia 6.0 Publisher Name

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
kencmcg
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Bookpedia 6.0 Publisher Name

Post by kencmcg »

Here is what is happening: I am manually entering a book. I am trying to enter a publisher name that has all upper case letters. In this case, it is MAFCA. I have entered books with this publisher name before with no problem. Now, however it searches for an existing name as I type in MA, but it finds Macmillan and changes the A in MAFCA to a lower case a. Then, as I continue to type, I end up with MaFCA. It won't allow me to edit it. No matter how many times I type A there, it returns an a.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bookpedia 6.0 Publisher Name

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the carefully worded bug report, so that I could grasp it correctly.

Because the value MaFCA was entered once it's part of the suggestions it thinks you would like. Follow the following steps to fix:

Visit the menu Bookpedia -> Preferences and then the Autofill tab.
Change the pop-up to Publisher.
Look for the incorrect MaFCA (The listing is in alphabetical order).
Double click and correct it to MAFCA.

Now when you type it will still suggest Macmillan first as it comes alphabetically first, but when you type F it will then correct to the next possible solution in your list, that should be all capitals now.

For conveience to the user its case insensitive. For speed it stops at the first match. I've added an enhancement to check the next few alphabetically sorted values and if the capitalization is a better match prefer the stronger match, already in the beta version, so that you need only type MA instead of MAF.