spining ball and lockup

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
willcrist
Inductee
Inductee

spining ball and lockup

Post by willcrist »

I just bought Bookpedia from the Macap store and synced it with Pocketpedia on my iPhone. The program repeatedly locks up with a spinning beach ball when I want to use it. I have to force quit and restart.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
System Version: macOS 10.14.6 (18G95)
Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1

iPhone 6
ios 12.4.1
Conor
Top Dog

Re: spining ball and lockup

Post by Conor »

Thank you Will for the bug report. Do try the beta version, although you should be running a close enough version from the App Store.

Could you have a look at your console log, see if there are any messages from Bookpedia? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log. Do this after the program get stuck. You can also use the program called "Activity Monitor" and select Bookpedia and press the "Sample" button on the toolbar. This will create a report on what Bookpedia is stuck thinking about and I can get that bug fixed right away.

If you don't mind please send me your Database.bookpd file so I can try to reproduce the problem here. You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/Database.bookpd. Please archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.bookpd.zip' which you can then attach to the email.)

To open your home Library folder, hold down the option key on your Mac and use the Finder "Go" menu and select the "Library" command.

Kind regards,
Conor